Saturday, November 19, 2011

Work in General

So Chad is truckin' away at his training here on base.  We take him in at 6am and I pick him up at 7pm every day but Friday.  Friday he gets to come home at 4pm.  On Saturdays he's in there for at least 5 hours.  Hence, the reason I'm blogging on Saturday morning.  After seeing him off, I decided to do the internet thing, check e-mails, LivingSocial, and forward recipes that I've "discovered" in my grandma's 1972 Betty Crocker's Cookbook, before blogging.
This week I received a letter from his captain explaining that the program he's in is extremely challenging ... yaaaaa, I kinda figured that one out already... and that they need my support in helping my husband get through this.  Again, I had figured that one out.  I can assure you, United States Navy, that you will be hard pressed to find a wife who is more dedicated or concerned with her husband's success in this program.  For the last 4 weeks, I've been doing everything I can to make sure that he is fed, rested, and ready to take on his day.  Then to provide a place for him to rest and decompress at the end of every day. It was nice to receive a personally signed letter from Chad's command, encouraging me and giving me resources to help us if we need it.  I just had to laugh a little though.  Yes, it's hard, but Chad and I have each other, God, and amazing family and friends.  We've got this!
On a personal note.  I've been trying to work more through this.  Keeping myself busy and trying to contribute to out home.  I just finished a week long assignment in what is probably my favorite high school.  I was in the special ed department where I've had all of the kids for longer assignments before, so they all knew me.  It was a fabulous week and I was very sad at the end of it to say goodbye to the students again.  It's always good to be in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment